How it all started...
Calvary Chapel of the Hudson Valley began in 1994 when Pastor Bobby started a small Bible study in his home. Within a couple of years the study had outgrown the home, and it was obvious that another building was needed.
We started meeting at the Church of the Nazarene in Poughkeepsie on Saturday nights. Soon the attendance grew to over 70 people, and once again a larger meeting place was needed.
That's when we went to the Mount Hope Grange Hall in Wappingers Falls. By the year 2000, attendance had grown to over 175! Once again, CCHV was bursting at its seams and needed a larger facility.
We found a larger building on Rte. 376 in Wappingers Falls. CCHV then moved into 'The Castle.' It was called this because of its castle like appearance. After outgrowing this facility we moved to Poughkeepsie.
God provided our current location at 36 Firemens Way in Poughkeepsie. By the time we started meeting here, attendance was well over 250 people! Today, through God's will and grace, CCHV has grown to over 1000 regular attendees. Pastor Bobby's style of teaching God's Word is both uplifting and encouraging. God's plan way back in 1994 was to use Pastor Bobby and He is using CCHV to reach many!
Expanding the Vision...
The ministries here at CCHV include a Spanish service on Sunday mornings in the city of Poughkeepsie, support groups, home Bible study groups, youth and young adult programs, men's and women's retreats, conferences, special guests, opportunities to serve in the community, and much more.
Be a part of our story...
Join us every Sunday as we gather to worship together at 9 am and 11 am, as well as Wednesdays at 7pm.